Outdoor Rubber Mats
Our visually appealing dog bone outdoor rubber tiles are Ideal for courtyards, trot up areas, parade rings and high traffic areas and kids playgrounds!
Fancy them in black? 15mm dogbone tiles.
Each outdoor rubber mat measures 1.1m x 1.1m and is available in 15 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm thickness’s. Mats can be easily cut with saw to fit around bespoke areas.
- Safety – Provides horses with an even safe walking space.
- Anti-Fatigue and shock absorption.
- Suitable for installation on paving, asphalt, and concrete.
- Easy fit – each mat fits simply together like a jigsaw.
- Maintenance Free – easy to maintain and keep clean.
Properties of Outdoor Rubber Mats
Outdoor rubber tiles are designed to provide a durable, weather-resistant, and safe surface for various outdoor applications. The critical components of an outdoor rubber tile include:
- Material Composition:
- Typically made of recycled rubber, often from used tires, or a combination of recycled and virgin rubber.
- May include EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) rubber for color and UV resistance.
- Density and Hardness:
- The density and hardness of the rubber determine the durability and shock absorption properties.
- Tiles need to be dense enough to withstand outdoor conditions but soft enough to provide cushioning and comfort.
- UV Resistance:
- UV stabilizers are added to the rubber compound to prevent the tiles from fading and deteriorating under sunlight.
- Water Drainage:
- Outdoor rubber tiles are often designed with a porous surface or drainage channels to allow water to pass through, preventing pooling and slipping hazards.
- Slip Resistance:
- The surface texture is designed to provide grip and traction, even when wet, to prevent slips and falls.
- Weather Resistance:
- Resistance to various weather conditions like rain, snow, and extreme temperatures is crucial to prevent cracking, warping, or other damage.
- Thickness and Size:
- The thickness of the tiles impacts their shock-absorbing capabilities, important for playgrounds or sports areas.
- Size and interlocking features affect installation ease and stability.
- Color and Design:
- Often available in various colors and patterns to enhance aesthetic appeal and match different design requirements.
- Safety Standards Compliance:
- Especially for playgrounds, the tiles should comply with safety standards for impact absorption to reduce injury risks from falls.
- Since many outdoor rubber tiles are made from recycled materials, they are often considered an environmentally friendly option.
Outdoor rubber mats are commonly used in playgrounds, sports facilities, patios, walkways, and other outdoor spaces where a durable, safe, and low-maintenance surface is needed. When selecting outdoor rubber tiles, it’s important to consider these critical components to ensure they meet the specific needs of your application.